Monday, March 15, 2010

Assignment 2- symbols

Today we learned about Semiotics- signs- and the book "This Means That, That Means This"

It was pretty interesting to look at all of the different signs, so I put some here in this blog. A sign can be anything and everything- from a gesture to a facial expression. It's all about communication!


I was trying to think of what symbol I was going to do...I was thinking one of these three:



I find this Egyptian Eye to be very beautiful, I remember seeing it for the first time in the Broadway show "Aida" but I know it goes way beyond a musical....




I think the fleur de lis is my favorite, I have seen it in so many places- from Pro Football logos to Clothing Company logos- It should be very interesting to research!

No comments:

Post a Comment