Sunday, May 23, 2010

SO MANY SYMBOLS & SIGNS!

On my last post, I want to sum up what I have learned in this class- and if VISUAL PROCESS helped me learn anything, it would be to notice things more in my surroundings. I have to say, after taking this class, I walk around the train station very differently than I had back in January. I do not go into a bathroom without checking out the sign on the door- to see if it is the "Helvetica man or woman" (I didn't even know he had this name!) or if it is something different, more- or less creative for that matter. Below, I have incorporated as many symbols as I could find- ones that we studied and ones that we didn't, ones that I see everyday and ones that I don't- some may be repetitive but I find them all interesting because now I know that each and every one have a long history behind them.



So many different computer symbols on our desktops!

















Cannot believe all of the different types of "Helvetica men" there are!














Lots of different symbols that deal a lot with my own religion (that I never knew about)- look at how this ones evolves!














...& hundreds of different arrows...who would have thought?




















Lastly, some of the symbols my classmates researched

No comments:

Post a Comment